Dear Valued Customer,
In addition to the strict security measures, our ATM Banking Service applies, you have a critical role to play in protecting the privacy of your account information and safeguarding your money.
We wish to draw your attention to the following tips to ensure utmost privacy and confidentiality of your ATM Banking experience.
- Arab Bank will never ever ask you to disclose your PIN number to any one.
- Avoid using ATMs in remote / unprotected areas and avoid ATMs adjacent to obvious hiding places.
- Check your account balances and statements regularly to ensure your accounts have not been accessed by anyone else and to identify any unusual transaction(s). If you want us to alert you whenever a transaction takes place on your account you can register for our SMS Banking Service.
- Be careful when people you do not know offer to help you at an ATM.
- If you notice anything suspicious at the ATM you want to use e.g. tampering with the card slot / numbers pad or any suspicious activity around the ATM area, do not use the ATM and report your concern to the Bank immediately.
- Do not force your card into the card slot or if you feel that the ATM machine is not working properly for any reason, press the “Cancel” key, take your card and report it to the Bank. If your card gets lost, captured or stuck in the ATM, report it to the Bank to block your card immediately.
- Sign your card and always keep it at a safe place / with you and do not lend it to anyone.
- Make sure you get the card back after every transaction & only use it at ATMs /
Point of Sale (POS) machines in reputed public locations / locations known to you.
- When using a drive up ATM keep doors locked and passenger side and rear windows up.
- Cancel unused cards and shred blocked cards.
- While using your card at a POS, it is strongly recommended that the merchant swipes the card in your presence.